This is it.
A full year of Whimsy wraps up Monday, May 4th. Whether I actually saved money by booking all 12 shows up front is debatable – survey says: no – but this year has given me, and hopefully you, something to look forward every month.
Now, you might be saying to yourself… wait… THE FINAL SHOW IS FREE???
Yes. Yes it is.
With plenty of seats to fill and leftover beer to drink, it just makes sense. To all past performers, and all past attendees, and to all for whom this will be both a first and last show: thank you. This one’s on me.
The final show is going to be PHENOMENAL, by the way:
- From my first show to my last, Clyde McFly (Matt Noonan and Mike Trehy; formerly “Well Done”) bring the funny with some of the best two-man sketch in LA.
Speaking of LA… the remaining two performers aren’t even from LA:
- Pete Mutino is an old friend of mine, and an up-and-coming comic based in New York City. He stayed East, I went West, but May 4th we’ll be together again.
- Mike Miller is an old friend of booth-babe-Jill, and a producer/musician based in Austin who’ll soon be moving to Nashville. On his way, he’ll be stopping off at the Cavern of Whimsy to help shut it down.
- My favorite shots from a year of SoCal Slideshow Tours.
- A highlight reel of some of the Cavern of Whimsy’s best live segments.
- A few surprises.
Is that enough? Oh, also, IT’S FREE!
The facts are on the poster, and here:
At 8:30, Monday night, May 4th, at The Ruby Theatre, inside the double doors at The Complex, on the right, Cavern of Whimsy will begin for the 12th and final time.
Just show up. First come, first serve.
Thanks, everybody! 12 shows in 12 months! What are the odds?!